Special ruins are ancient buildings or structures that can be discovered on a territory and grant special abilities to the player owning them. Special ruins carry over to any new owners of the territory. When a Special ruin is found, roll on the Special Ruin table below.
Special Ruins Table – 1d12
- Strengthening Field: Defending warlord gains +1S, +1T, +1I, +1A and Eternal Warrior
- Great Cannon: acts as a Huge Artillery Cannon, but upgraded to S10 AP2
- Great Power Shield: missiles to this or any hex tiles within 2 spaces are destroyed on 2+,
- Material Cache: immediately gain 1200RP, Material Cache is then considered destroyed
- Ancient Research Facility: all defending vehicles in the territory chose one weapon to gain +1S (max 10) chosen at the start of the battle before deployment (only lasts for the battle)
- Monastery Ruins: all defending units are considered Stubborn during the assault phase and Fearless during the shooting phase
- Crystal Mines; territory income increases by 300 RP (for a total of 400 from that territory)
- Factory Ruins: all defending vehicles gain +1 front armor
- Guardian Turrets: in defending battle the player has access to 2 turrets with AV:13, 13, 13 each equipped with an Ancient Gun with the following weapon profile: BS5 S:8, AP:3, Heavy 3, Range:24”
- Reinforced City Ruins: terrain in the defenders deployment zone grants 3+ cover save
- Radio Jammer: attacking players suffer a -2 penalty to reserve rolls
- Warp Portal: hex tile containing Warp Portal is considered adjacent to all hex tiles up to 2 spaces away
- Ark of Preservation: All structures in this territory count as superstructures.
- Terra Obscura: The territory is under the effect of 6th Edition night fighting for the entire game. Search lights and other such equipment still function normally.